- It's not Private, Public or Hybrid: It's Service Constellation and Cloud Corporation - Will Venters podcast
- 2011 Outsourcing Unit/Accenture research on cloud service: papers, videos and podcasts
- Take the Accenture/LSE High Performance BPO test: How do you measure up?
What we do
The Outsourcing Unit was founded at the LSE to research global issues surrounding outsourcing at the international, governmental and corporate levels. The findings are disseminated through education, advice and publications.
The Outsourcing Unit has 3 aims: the first is to undertake independent
research on the trends, the lessons and the practical implications
of outsourcing practices. Secondly, through this work, the Unit aims
to provide a benchmark of what works and what does not, and so raise
the standard of management knowledge in this field. Thirdly, by being
retained by individual governments, organizations and corporations,
the Unit provides a specialist means of influencing policy, management
and practice to help make outsourcing less risky and demonstrably
There are 5 key drivers of effective outsourcing. These are
- managing risk;
- leveraging core capabilities;
- delivering effective sourcing strategies;
- streamlining cost and performance;
- developing the innovation agenda.
Each of these areas is under research and Reports and White Papers
are published throughout the year. See Publications
Key aspects of the research are presented in short videos. See Videos - 3 more videos now available
For further information or an initial discussion, please contact Professor Leslie Willcocks at firstname.lastname@example.org